This is my feeble attempt at attracting as many comments about the Oscars as I did about the Grammy’s.
Here are my notes…
– There were A LOT of movies that I missed (and now want to see) this year.
– Jon Stewart is hecka funny
– If Cate Blanchett can play Bob Dylan, maybe Tilda Swinton should play David Bowie
– Was Owen Wilson the Oscar’s answer to the other award shows featuring the likes of Britney Spears and Amy Winehouse?
– I sort of wished There Will Be Blood had won Best Picture, although I don’t think I fully understood No Country… (even after my sister explained it to me). And it’s nice that DDL won Best Actor for his role there.
– Enchanted seems enchanting
– Daniel Day Lewis hasn’t changed his (silly) look since My Left Foot
– Javier Bardem looks normal (in relation to his character)
– I would definitely lay with Hellen Mirren
– (conspiracy theory alert) I don’t know if anyone noticed all the people nearly slipping into the podium (Miley Cyrus, Collin Farrell, John Travolta) at the same exact spot, but I think it was a deliberate attempt by the producers of the show to make a scene.
– I thought Diablo Cody gave the most endearing speech in recent memory
– It turned out to be a very multi-national event
– I’ll end with Jon Stewart’s line of the night: “There is a great variety in the nominated films this year. Even ‘Norbit’ got a nomination, which I think is great. Too often the Academy ignores movies that aren’t good.” I can definitely vouch for that…